• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

When should tegu's be sexually mature?

redtail2426

5 Year Member
Well my tegu is 10 months old over three feet long and has not hibernated and today he left me a sperm plug. At what age are tegu's usually sexually mature?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Reds can breed at two years old, and black n whites at three, however, it is thought that two year old black n white males can breed but not the females.

redtail2426

5 Year Member
He is an argentine black and white tegu, So when they leave a sperm plug that means they are sexually mature right?? And if so then that means my tegu is mature very early.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
redtail2426 said:
He is an argentine black and white tegu, So when they leave a sperm plug that means they are sexually mature right?? And if so then that means my tegu is mature very early.

No, just because you see sperm plugs does not mean he is mature.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
olympus said:
Maybe it would take a couple of drinks first.... :tomu :bud
At 10 months old and over 3 feet I think he's been doing more than drinking!! Where's the guy shooting steroids emoticon?? :mrgreen:

rule6660

5 Year Member
a friend of mine has one thats 10 months old at 4 foot and hes a normal B+W we got From Rick Sisco

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jasper is the tegu Carole has, he is over four feet and is about 10 months old, he came from my stock at Daytona last year. Tegus can reach four feet long if they are not hibernated, and hibernated ones are about two ft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me