• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

When Should I Worry??

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
My Tegu has been outta hibernation for about a week and half now, but he still doesn't have a very good appatite. I think he had 1 bite of egg and he licked some yogurt off my spoon, but he wouldn't do it by himself only with me holding him.

He's going through a shed though, I know with other reptiles that will slow their appatite down pretty good. Could this be the case or is he still just waking up.

I was just wondering when I should start getting concerned.

Thanks,

Susan Lynn<3

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
when i got achilles back in dec. he went back to sleep, he woke up like 2-3 wks later and it took him like 2 weeks before he would even nibble food. i only got him to eat by putting him in a 5.5 gal tank with a little food and let him sit by nero while she ate also when i let him free-roam he would nibble on neros leftovers. so it took about a month 1/2 before he had a full appetite. so i wouldnt worry much!

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Don't forget to give him a good warm soak as well, this could get the metabolism up and increase appetite.

...Jefroka

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
Don't forget to give him a good warm soak as well, this could get the metabolism up and increase appetite.

...Jefroka

I've been soaking him occasionaly, and he always does seem to be a little more fiesty afterwards. So, I may try feeding him after a bath. :).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me