• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

when is it ok to try and handle

Neeko

Been almost a week, still skitish. I figure they won't over come this if I don't interact with them. Any advice.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Spend time in the cage spot cleaning, changing water, and just moving things around. There is no set time of when you can handle them or when they will start to calm down. Just keep working with him.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
It is also nice to just sit right infront of the cage when he is out. Things like reading or watching tv so he gets used to your presence.

Neeko

I'll watch mind numbing amount of abundance next to them. I just hate when I stress them when I'm moving things and what not. That hyperventilating makes me feel bad. If o was that scared...

Piercedcub32

I have been handling since day 1, he already crawls up my hand when I lay it in his cage ;o) Actually comes to me for attention! I'll post a video tomorrow! Cutest thing ever, they are SO trusting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980