• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What's wrong with his tail? Should I worry?

Aidenb

Only had him a day, doesn't appear to be any stuck shed or anything, I've soaked him, put shed-eze on in, put moisturizer on it and there isn't a "Seam" or anything. There appears to be a scar and the a bump after it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Aidenb

Could it be possible that there was a stuck ring previously that came off? I'm shining bright light on his tail and looking closely and not seeing anything. I rubbed his tail in a towel after soaking and nothing came off

Sway

I went back and re-read what you first wrote. You said there appears to be a scar and a bump after it. That wouldn't be stuck shed then. Where did you get him from?

Aidenb

He came from a reputable dealer but unfortunately I couldn't see him in person before ordering, just photos and didn't notice. I just really don't want his tail to fall off, I've soaked him, put shed-aids on it, towelled it and sti nothing, I've even kind of "picked" and the small spot with my nail to try and lift where the shed would be stuck and can't even find where the edge would be.

Aidenb

Thanks for the advice. Have him a mix of whole ground chicken, whole ground turkey, whole ground herring and flounder, fruit and veggies, and mixed in cod liver oil and his tail fully shed today.

misterpc23

5 Year Member
Any chance it could have been an injury to the tail when it was younger but not injured enough to drop its tail?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Glad to hear he's eating and behaving normally. Looks and sounds like it was a small wound that is/was healing. How does it look today? Better?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980