• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

whats left?

hailo

5 Year Member
ok i have my animal plastics cage, with everything except lighting(and my animal). so my question is
if i use the power sun/mega ray, do we still need flourescent lighting?
and also does anyone know of anyvendors that may carry the megaray that will be at this weekends sandiego show?
thank you

crox

5 Year Member
I was wondering the same thing about the power sun. My guess would be they would need a wider spot of uvb, since they need 12 hours of it. but thats just my guess. They would have to be basking all day to get it from that bulb. But i have heard good things about that light.

hailo

5 Year Member
crox said:
My guess would be they would need a wider spot of uvb, since they need 12 hours of it. but thats just my guess. They would have to be basking all day to get it from that bulb. .

thats exactly my thinking, is that bulb wide enough to give them the uvb they need if there not basking the whole time?especially when ther in a a good size enclosure. i was wondering if you just add a 5.0 that goes across the top of the cage.

Jer723

5 Year Member
well, i use a strip light and i use a powersun for my bask, but a powerson is pretty powerful, you could use a 5.0 to be safe.

Tux

5 Year Member
Given the amount of uvb output by the Megaray and powersun bulbs you do not need the tubes, it won't hurt but it isn't a need.

hndrsnbrn

5 Year Member
I have a powersun 100 watt and two zoo med 10.0 tubes 18 inches across the top. Is that too much uv light. The cage size is 4ft.X2ft.X16inches. I am hoping Bobby will be getting ready to ship in less than a week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu