• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What Type of Monitor is This?

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
[attachment=4211][attachment=4210]
So I just bought this awesome freeze-dried monitor to use as an educational tool and I am having difficulty identifying the exact species. The tag only said "island monitor." The woman I purchased it from told me should thought it might be a lace monitor, but its markings don't quite seem to match any photos of lace monitors I've seen on the net. I thought it might be croc monitor, but I think the snout is too pointy. If anyone could help me solve this varanid mystery, Id be very much obliged.

Attachments

• Photo on 2012-04-13 at 22.22.jpg
    Photo on 2012-04-13 at 22.22.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo on 2012-04-13 at 22.23.jpg
    Photo on 2012-04-13 at 22.23.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 22

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I think that's just the lighting reflecting funny; probably shouldn't have taken the pics in the laundry room in retrospect. In reality, the spots are not rainbow colored like they look in the pic. The spots are white with a slight yellowish cast.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your help, but sadly my dachshund Vienna managed to get ahold of it while I was at a friend's house lat night and chewed most of its face off. I told her she better not try that with Kodo because he'll chew back, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980