• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what the heck is going here???

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So I seperated rayne from storm a lil over a week ago, I thought she was down for good, she stopped eating over a month ago, she stayed in her hide and rarely if ever came out so I figured she was in hibernation, I put her in a bin with a uvb lamp, water bowl and a hide filled with mulch, so about 4-5 days ago I heard her scratching at the walls which only meant one thing, she had to poop, and that's just what she did when I took her out, it was a very small amount,so I put her bk in the bin, she went balistic, so much so that she bursted the uvb lamp and had mulch flying everywere, let me say trying to calm a nearly 4' tegu down is a b**ch lol, luckily she didn't try to bite me, so I put her bk in with storm and she is fine, only thing is...now she is up basking with him and eating every other day right along with him,she really threw me for a loop this time, idk if she going down or what lol, ill post some pics of the 2 a lil later....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol that makes 3 of us, i decided to just let them be and hope it works out

Jensen

My 2011 extreme Littlefoot is kind of erratic aswell; he as of now gets up in the morning and basks for about 1hour but then is back out for the rest of the day. it the past 3weeks. All he has eaten is a 2dozen crickets, 2 Dubia roaches, 1 mouse, and one chunck of a hard-boiled egg. I've literally tried offering a buffet because of him being picky or not interested. He has gone to the bathroom a couple times (nothing strange looking), so I'm wondering is this how its supposed to be? I don't want to neglect the guy because he canton speak English

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Lol brumation sucks I hate this time of the year for tegus, its so confusing to tell whether they want to brumate or hibernate and even if you know they are brumating they hardly ever want to eat. Just a weird time of the year with tegus so if your a new owner dont freak out at all I did the same thing with my first tegu but it all ends up working out just listen to the tegu and it will basically tell you what it wants. Luckily with my new 2011 baby red he's a monster already eating tons everyday and up at 8:30am-8:30-9pm so he should get pretty huge in his first year

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980