• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what should i know about hibernation?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey kurtle,
Thanks for joining and wanting to learn more about tegu's! We have an entire section devoted just for this topic. It can be found here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewforum.php?f=21</a><!-- l --> I suggest reading through all you can find and then try narrowing down your questions to something more specific. People will be generally more helpful knowing you did you own search first. For starters read Varnyards sticky post labeled "hibernation."

Wooly

5 Year Member
They go under between September and come up as late as then end of April. You will want to hibernate your tegus if you want to breed them in the future. Prior to hibernation they will not eat as much or as often so don't feel worried about them not eating as much. When they go under turn their lights completely off until you see them come up.

Thats part of hibernation the short need to know way, someone else might be able to add more or correct me if I am wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980