• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is the proper way to cut your yearlings nails?,...is there a easy simple way?,please help.

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390190186.839923.jpg

Meant simple way!

marydd

I just cut my yearnings nails for the first time and I used a small dog nail trimmer but it seemed a little big so I used baby nail clippers. They worked great. Make sure not to get the quick. Good idea to have the powder that goes on dogs and birds quicks if they are bleeding. You can get it at the pet store. When she gets bigger I am going to try a dremmel and see if it's better.

marydd

The tips are almost see though, the nail is solid black when you get closer to the quick. If you are still not sure you can try to use a flash light to see where the quick is, or just trim of the very tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu