• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What Is The Adult Size For The Regular Black and Whites?

carcharios

5 Year Member
I've seen plenty of extreme pics at this point so I know about how big they get when fully mature. However, does anyone have any good pics of regular black and whites that are fully mature? I'm trying to get an idea of just how big my two juvies will get when they're adults. I've read about 4 feet but is this for both males and females? Does anyone know what the average size is for adults? A picture would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Carcharios

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
heres mine he is 42 inches
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/feltbmxrocks81/l_4e223d6d1dc54e71b5cab4f349d9bedb.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/ ... d9bedb.jpg</a><!-- m -->

LouDog760

5 Year Member
I believe for a female it can be from 3.5 feet to a little over 4. But they can get bigger. Males get usually over 4 feet. So they rage from 4 feet to 4.5. But are know to get bigger as well. It all just depends.

Tarantu1aMan

5 Year Member
males get a little bigger than females,females can get to about 3.5,males can get over 4.5,it can depend on how they were raised,if they were raised correctly then yea they can get even bigger than that.hope this helps!

hailo

5 Year Member
carcharios said:
I take it these measurements are all snout to vent, correct?

Carcharios

no i dont think so i think thats total length, if so that would put a female at just 6 ft and and a male just over 8. i know bobby has some bigones out there but not quite that big yet
but still learning so you may be rite

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
No those measurements are DEFF not snout to vent, those are full length of the tegus...im 100%. My adult female was a big female and she was 4ft 3inches so as stated above by someone there alot of factors that can come into play with sizes of tegus and growth for that matter. Diet and the way it is raised and the enclosure and stuff can all play a factor in the outcome of the tegu, but at the same time tegus are all different and some are bigger than others and tegus also grow in spurts. Its for this reason that you cant say an exact length of a certain type of tegu or sex and you cant say how fast they grow either, its all diff. But on AVERAGE the males do tend to get longer than females, but the in all range for an adult tegu id say is 3.5-5ft excluding the columbians which stay closer to the 3-3.5 range(again some can get bigger).

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've read in a lot of places where females average 3' ~ 3.5' and males average 4'...

We also know that Bobby selects his breeders for size (in addition to other qualities), therefore it is likely that Bobby's Tegus (and Tegus bought from Bobby) get a little larger. I believe this is why we read of the occasional member with a 4' female or a 4.5' male...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus