• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what does it mean when tegu shuts its eyes?

Anthony

5 Year Member
when i pet my tegus head she immediately shuts her eyes.. does that mean shes scared or relaxed?

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
When I massage mine's neck she puts her head down and shuts her eyes... then after a few seconds~minutes she lifts her head, opens her eyes and moves her neck...

I take this to mean... She's ultra relaxed as it feels so good... then she realizes she has her guard down and perks to attention...

She's done this exact same thing since she was a baby...

CaterpillarGiraffe

5 Year Member
I think it's a sign of relaxation.
My B&W Tegu is more energized than my Red, and even he will calm down in my arms and close his eyes..

As for my red, he closes his eyes constantly, LOL! He always feel safe around me (So I'd like to think). He'll close his eyes on the lawn outside, on the rock in the backyard, in my arms, on my lap. He's a real sweetheart.

4Horse

5 Year Member
Tank loves it when I rub the sides of his neck. He closes his eyes the whole time I rub him and when I stop, he opens his eyes. I just thought he was relaxing and enjoying it. Guess I was right after all.

cornking4

5 Year Member
My baby does that too, usually when he's hanging out on my shoulder. Since he's not cowering or trying to bite, I'd say its relaxation. If he was mad, it wouldn't make sense to sit there and shut his eyes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu