• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What do you think...

lyndsey123

5 Year Member
....about these?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=637730">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=637730</a><!-- m -->

Ever order from Switzer or any experiences with them? This has been the best price I have seen and I was about to order. Do the tegus look ok, and would it be worth it? I have never ordered an animal online because I like to see them in person. Any other adds that have a very low price are also appreciated. Thanks in advance!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegu's with nipped tails haven't been cared for properly (not fed and who knows what else!). If there are nipped tails there may be missing toes. They couldn't even removed the loose shed before taking the pics?? I'd look elsewhere or wait until next year to get a better quality Tegu. If you're only going to buy 1 Tegu, you might as well do it right the first time.

lyndsey123

5 Year Member
yes, I got the same response at thetegu.com and I have decided not to purchase one of those. It makes me wonder why the tails are nipped in the first place, hmmm.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Yeah even though you've made your mind up I feel like adding my $0.02 :)

$49.00 is a great price for a Argentina tegu but the shipping is going to cost a bundle not to mention the state the tegu's are in right now. As mentioned theres the nipped tails and possible missing toes but what makes me really curious is how small they are but no green on there heads to show there hatchlings...anyways, save up and buy one from a recommended breeder here, like for example Bobby. From what I've heard his customer service is second to none and I hope to buy a few tegus from him someday.

Spencer

Switzer Reptiles

5 Year Member
Switzer Reptiles

Hi everyone. Hi Bobby...very nice website.
I am Linda from Switzer Reptiles Inc.
First of all, I would like to say that the tegus with the nipped tails were purchased that way from Agama International. This did not happen here at Switzer Reptiles. I already had purchased 20 CB perfect beautiful B&W tegus from Bert while he was still alive. They are all beautiful little tegus and none of them had or has now nipped tails. Before Bert passed away, I already had an order for some Australian water dragons and they were ready for shipping after Bert passed away (I miss him....and he was always very generous in sharing information). I was contacted on the day my water dragons were going out and was offered the tegus with nipped tails (no missing toes and the tails all completely healed). I felt that if I bought them at a discount I would be able to pass that discount along to a customer looking for a baby tegu who didnt mind the imperfections. They were all nice and fat and except for the nipped tails and were in excellent health.
Thanks Dave....it was nice talking to you the other day. I just might want to get one of your blue tegu babies for myself.
Thank you.
Linda Switzer
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.SwitzerReptiles.com">www.SwitzerReptiles.com</a><!-- w -->
626-963-5123

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029