• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Westron MVB

RobK.

they are sending me a new one for the one that burned out , But i have yet to put one in my Rhino cage and will not use them . They have a clear lens , no coating and nothing that defuses the light . After the 72 hour brake in it i check it with my 6.2 solar meter at 18'' and it has a small spot 1'' in the middle that's over 350-400 MW of uvb , move even a inch and it only 30-40 MW and few more inches and only in the teens . :s

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Thats the same thing that happen to me,i let them both brake in and like robk said right under the bulb its readings were high,at around 18'' to 20'' same thing low readings and i to checked with my solar meter,ill stick with mega ray,or repti sun 10.0 just my opinion,just ordered two megaray there on back order.

Maro1

Teguboy how are you getting megaray's? have they fixed their problems or are you just taking your chances?

Megarays website says that Westron makes their bulbs. So how will they be better than the Westron?

"This Mac Industries/Westron Lighting original design provides the necessary UVB, UVA and heat for your UVB-dependent basking reptiles."

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Maro1 said:
Teguboy how are you getting megaray's? have they fixed their problems or are you just taking your chances?

Megarays website says that Westron makes their bulbs. So how will they be better than the Westron?

"This Mac Industries/Westron Lighting original design provides the necessary UVB, UVA and heat for your UVB-dependent basking reptiles."

I have 2 solar raptor bulbs that i had from megaray for 4 months and there fine and put out good uvb,AS I HAVE A SOLAR METER THAT I CHECK THEM WITH.And from what ive read they must of did something to get them self back on track.This is what i got from reptileUV.

November 21, 2011

SB 100, SB 100 Low, SB 160 & SB 275 Watt 120 Volt bulbs are sold out. We should acquire more stock in 2 - 3 weeks.
November 12, 2011

Our SB 100, SB 100 Low, & SB 160 Watt 120 Volt bulbs are back in stock & available for order.
November 2, 2011

ReptileUV is moving to a new facility to better serve our friends and clients. Business will resume on Monday Nov 7th. With this move will be a renewed service by Bob and Debbie Mac personally. Your requests will be cared for at a much quicker pace as was in the beginning. All bulbs will be "adjusted" to our required specifications. We will also have the ability to send out "requested higher UVB" bulbs as we did in our original designs. Thank you again for your.

The two bulbs i got from them that are 4 months old work fine for me,and
still put out good uvb.

RobK.

Maro1 said:
wow that's crazy. I am using them in my cages. I guess I need to buy a meter.

Maro1

when the bulbs shines on a rock or something you will see a small bright spot the size of a quarter , thats the spot on my bulbs that has very very high UVB . I have a basking spot next to my chair in his room and HAD one of the burned in bulbs there . until i checked it with my solar meter. when my Iguana walked under that bright spot he would close his eyes cringe and duck . so i thought i beter check it .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Yeah i dont use those westron bulbs no more i stick with my megaray which still are working great at 4 months old.

teguboy77

5 Year Member
This is the email i got today from reptileUV
Dear friends,

Our shipment is in the air and will be here in just a few days. I want to thnk you all for being patient and all of you will get the discounts as we ship. You also will be first in line to get the new bulbs!

Thanks again!

BobMac
http://www.reptileuv.com
http://www.reptileuvinfo.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UVB_Meter_Owners/

If you do nothing else today, visit and join the International Reptile
Conservation Foundation (IRCF) at www.IRCF.org
The International Reptile Conservation Foundation works to conserve reptiles and the
natural habitats and ecosystems that support them.

We'll see i ordered two of them!!!
Maro1 said:
Wow, That's good to know. Ordering a meter tomorrow

Maro1

You can try amazon.com is were i got mine a couple of months ago for
Solarmeter Model 6.2 UV Meter
by Pangea
Be the first to review this item | Like 1323275103 false 0 0 0 0 (0)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $189.99

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Pangea Reptile.

RobK.

i got my meter from here , very fast and they sent me some free product too . It was the cheapest place , when i was looking for mine .

http://lightyourreptiles.com/solarmeter62.html

Got my replacement BUT its a zoo model for VERY LARGE cages . needs to be 60"" away at 100-150 MW .:huh::huh: well i guess when i build him a new cage , i will brake it in and see what it does . :huh:

got10

RobK. said:
they are sending me a new one for the one that burned out , But i have yet to put one in my Rhino cage and will not use them . They have a clear lens , no coating and nothing that defuses the light . After the 72 hour brake in it i check it with my 6.2 solar meter at 18'' and it has a small spot 1'' in the middle that's over 350-400 MW of uvb , move even a inch and it only 30-40 MW and few more inches and only in the teens . :s

Your bulb burned out already . Didnt you just order them from Westron like in october or so? I was wondering , if you use the flood light would the Uv be diffused more evenly through to the basking spot instead of just down to a small area?

RobK.

got10 said:
RobK. said:

Your bulb burned out already . Didnt you just order them from Westron like in october or so? I was wondering , if you use the flood light would the Uv be diffused more evenly through to the basking spot instead of just down to a small area?

it burned out before i ever put it in the cage . S0 they make a flood MVB ??

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Well were ever you get your solar meter it a must if you keep reptiles indoors who need a good uvb bulb, so you can check your uvb output to make sure your reptiles getting good uvb mw,and the bulb is still good.Mine works great i'm very happy with it.

got10

RobK. said:
got10 said:
RobK. said:

it burned out before i ever put it in the cage . S0 they make a flood MVB ??

I dont see floods on the website anymore . The old website had flood lights . the new site seems to be lacking pitifully .
I will call today to see if they have any left in the warehouse. I love the heat emiters too but I don't see them on the site either. If you get a chance . ask about if they have any left . I actually got a few a couple of years ago that still work

teguboy77

5 Year Member
I see floods on reptileUV site,click on our products,the self ballasted,Mega-Ray SB 160 watt Self-Ballasted Flood UVB Lamp
is the two i ordered,they say flood from what i see if thats what your talking about.

RobK.

floods are the only way to go , as they cover more area so your iguana is covered with more UVB rays . These spot bulbs they sell have way too small of a spot and too high UVB . It should be 6'spot not 1'' . That's what i like about the 48'' 10.0 tubes . my rhino can lay under them and get 100% coverage . I have the mega ray on a 6 hour timer and the 10.0 tube is on 12 hours . he is out basking more that way . The temps under the tube is around 95 and he's getting 30-40 Mw of uvb , under the megaray he getting 150 MW or so . So He has two different areas for heat and UVB levels on the basking rocks and on the floor it only 15 MV of uvb from the tube .

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Sounds like thats good idea,i use my mega ray 160 watt,and a basking bulb that gets my temps right at 107f and a cool end of 78f,and my guy does great with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980