• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

well... it happened.

TeguLouie

so here i am feeding Louie and i think i figured out why he hates his feeding tub so much. its cause he cant see out(its black) and he just tries to jump out and thats about all he does. so i figured i would put him i the tub to feed him. he was doing the same thing, just trying to jump out and not eating. well obviously i was i the bathroom and i had already tegu proofed, or so i thought, lol. i set him downa nd he started crawling away, figuring i would let him explore a little i just watched. he then went over to the counter and underneath right next to the wall was about a one inch gap between the cabinets and the sheet rock. well he crawled up in there and wouldnt come out. i left him there for about 3 hours before i decided that i have to get him out some how. well 2.5 hours later i had cut the bottoms out of two of my cbinets just to find out that the part he was in was sectioned off. so after ripping the side of my cabinets out and buying a jigsaw and blades, i finally have him back in his cage finishing his beef liver and snap peas.

i never thought i would lose him but i guess lucky for me i was able to get him out. most of what i had to rip out isnt able to be seen anyway and the part that is im gonna replace, so housing doesnt get angry with me lol.

just thought i would share and give my lessons learned from this, everyone feel free to laugh and comment below, always check the cabinets all the way around.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol, you're not the first person who has had to remove cabinets to retrieve a tegu. Thankfully I haven't had to do any "remodeling". One thing I do not miss about little tegus is how easy it is for them to squeeze into places. Glad you got him back!

TeguLouie

me too! the whole time my wife just kept telling me "see your lizards a pai in the ass" lol i just told her oh well i love him so he stays