• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Weird behavior

herpgirl2510

I got a new extreme about a week ago. When I pick him up he vibrates like crazy then he just stops and will sit on the window sill or on my lap or shoulder for a very long time as calm as an be. I figure maybe this is because he has never been handled before. I have only picked him up 2x and only because he will only eat out of the cage. He does not eat much but looks great and just had a great shed. Anyone had a tegu behave like this?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like a stress response. Just trying to scare off wouold be predators and then freeze. I think he will get over it with more handling and age (he's a baby, right?).

jumper123

I have! My little one does that if you bring him outside. I am assuming it is out of fear. Though I am not sure. But he vibrates and his tail shakes like a rattler!

herpgirl2510

He is a year old but was never handled. I figured it was fear he does stop once I put him against my chest seem like it is when you pik him up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980