• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

water

ok so ive always used botteled water for my tegu but now its starting to get expensive can i use water out of the sink or do the chemicals in city water make him sick

naturboy87

i have never used bottled water for eny of my guys even including chemealons. but sum do i also run off a well so its a lot diferent then city h2o i have no clorine and high calciuem .

naturboy87

u can also get water condishiner like for fish i did use that stuff wen i used to live in the city for all my reptiles worked fine for me ...

Dana C

monstruo-the-tegu said:
ok so ive always used botteled water for my tegu but now its starting to get expensive can i use water out of the sink or do the chemicals in city water make him sick

A Britta water filter is a great way to remove chorline as well as some other chemicals occuring in water. Also, if you leave a container of tap water open for a couple of days the chorline used to remove the bad bugs will oxidize and pretty much be gone. You will be able to taste the difference. Most bottled water is just filtered tap water anyway. The filtering process removes almost all the trace minerals which are helpful. City water doesn't really contain much of anything added to it but chlorine and maybe some fluoride in some areas. It is perfectly safe for us and for our Tegus.
I have enjoyed chilled tap water for 63 years will no ill effects.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long