• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Wanna See Who Came Today?---June 30, 2009

Jefroka

5 Year Member
I'm a proud papa today! Bobby sent me a beautiful young tyke, a real badass lil critter, handsome too. Ate seven crickets within ten minutes of being outta the shipping container. Impressive huh?

I'm amazed at how aware he is and intelligent for such a little guy. You can tell he's smart by the way he checked out his new (temporary) environment.

A contractor friend owed me a favor and is almost finished with his indoor enclosure which will be 8' x 35" x 3'.

Thinking of calling him "Tank" cause he's such a lil badass! Well, that's one name, but I will wait and see if a better name comes to me.

Here's a few pics: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalus/June302009?authkey=Gv1sRgCIv8sbzpntufXQ#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://picasaweb.google.com/pyxicephalu ... bzpntufXQ#</a><!-- m -->

...Jefroka

Jefroka

5 Year Member
AWD247 said:
Looks awesome, how was his temperment towards you? did you get to handle him.

When I untied the bag, I went in to reach down to pick him up and he hissed once at me. I figured he was one smart cookie being boxed up for half a day and in that bag, and here was this hairy forearm coming his way, I would of hissed too! I was proud of him at that moment to be honest.

I then laid the bag out and pulled the sides apart and he poked his head out to get a looksy. After a minute, I placed my hand underneath him and put him on his rock. He showed me no aggression.

I had already misted his tank and decided to mist him some after him being cooped up and all and he seemed to like it.

After another minute or two the tongue came out and he was on the move for a bite to eat, I felt, and obliged him with one cricket after another, seven in all.

He went underneath his rock a little later for a rest.

I'm like a kid at christmas, no joke!

Thanks again Bobby!

...Jefroka

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Bobby said its alright feeding insects in the cage but not meat. I fed the crix in the cage.

...Jefroka

AWD247

5 Year Member
Jefroka said:
AWD247 said:
Looks awesome, how was his temperment towards you? did you get to handle him.

When I untied the bag, I went in to reach down to pick him up and he hissed once at me. I figured he was one smart cookie being boxed up for half a day and in that bag, and here was this hairy forearm coming his way, I would of hissed too! I was proud of him at that moment to be honest.

I then laid the bag out and pulled the sides apart and he poked his head out to get a looksy. After a minute, I placed my hand underneath him and put him on his rock. He showed me no aggression.

I had already misted his tank and decided to mist him some after him being cooped up and all and he seemed to like it.

After another minute or two the tongue came out and he was on the move for a bite to eat, I felt, and obliged him with one cricket after another, seven in all.

He went underneath his rock a little later for a rest.

I'm like a kid at christmas, no joke!

Thanks again Bobby!

...Jefroka

Thats great, and really shows the quality of Bobby's animals, straight from the box making perfect pets.. :app

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Today I built about a 4 and a half foot feeding enclosure for my lil guy. He ate some more crix and maybe a superworm and some egg.

Next I will offer him a pinky!

...Jefroka

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Richard21 said:
Hey when are you going to offer him a pinkie? So I can see when its okay to feed my baby one. Thanks.

This is the post I made last week, where I fed a pinky: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4376</a><!-- l -->

He devoured it in a few bites, gulps.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980