• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

walls of enclosure??

elmo

what should i make the walls of my enclosure with? i see pics of wood, plexiglass, and glass. i want to use plexiglass... solid/ screen top, screen door and it will have a plexiglass bottom.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How are you going to keep heat and humidity in with a screen door and top?? Just use wood and glass for the door. Why does everyone try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to enclosures.

elmo

james.w said:
How are you going to keep heat and humidity in with a screen door and top?? Just use wood and glass for the door. Why does everyone try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to enclosures.

i just thought the screen top would help with fresh air, but thats a good point :) how about this cage... plain and simple (well somewhat) , what would u change James?.....

Attachments

• elmo cage idea.jpg
    elmo cage idea.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 39

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would not have it top opening. I would have about a foot of substrate, but other than that is it a great enclosure.

elmo

james.w said:
I would not have it top opening. I would have about a foot of substrate, but other than that is it a great enclosure.

thanks james!!! u need yr own site! :)

Teg

Melamine faced chipboard I'm using, seems to be the thing in the UK ! I can't get pictures onto here, if anyone's willing to post for me or wanting to see the enclosure I can send you an e mail ! Thanks !

tommylee22

Melamine holds heat and moisture really well. My mister is set to only spray once every 24hrs now due to how good the humidity hold in the Melamine.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Melamine is great except it is VERy heavy and if any moisture gets to the chip board it will quickly deteriorate.

elmo

james.w said:
Melamine is great except it is VERy heavy and if any moisture gets to the chip board it will quickly deteriorate.

melamine might b the answer to what im using as walls in my enclosure, cheaper then ply wood. any idea what to put on it to make sure its sealed? not just the seams but the whole thing.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Plywood is cheaper than melamine, melamine is already sealed other than the seams.

TeguBlake

i used Malamine. I havn't had a problem at all. i think as long as you seel it good you shouldnt have a problem if your not spraying water right onto it every day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phi Long