• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Walking Tegu

Matt Lesh

Hi everyone just curious on everyone's thoughts ..
I was thinking of buying one of the reptile harnesses marketed at the pet store and taking my tegu on occasional walks up and down the block. Her nails are extremely sharp and I'm sure this will wear them down a bit and she could always use good fresh air. should i maybe walk it on a field instead to be easier on her feet? All input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Exercise is a good idea! Just make sure she's harnessed in really well! You can also trim nails though it takes some skill to do it correctly. You can also take her to a vet to have the nails trimmed. As for hurting her feet, just watch out for surface temperatures seeing as it's summer. I know here the asphalt/concrete can be 130 degrees or hotter!

marydd

uploadfromtaptalk1407978867728.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu