• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Waking up later

cornking4

5 Year Member
Since about a week ago I've noticed Sapphire sleeping in pretty late. Normally she wakes up at exactly 8:00 but recently she's been walking out at 9:30, then laying still for another hour before basking. After that her activity levels are great, appetite is great, etc. Has anyone else noticed their tegu waking up later as it heats up?

Herplings

5 Year Member
I am not to sure. The weather in the Mid-West has been pretty dark and rainy for the last few weeks. So, My Tegus and Monitors have been sleeping and staying in their hide a lot more.

themedic

I know mine stay either dug in or on the cool side of their cage alot more now that its heated up, around 100-110 here every day, lowest it gets is about 95 during the day and bout 84 at night, very humid round 70% constant.

Iv'e been monitoring my gu's making sure they are ok, because they live outside I dont want them burning up too much so I keep em cool by misting them daily.

But to answer your question, yes they stay asleep a little bit longer now.

Not sure if its the begining of a hibernation sequence or what. Guess i'll just have to wait and see.

cornking4

5 Year Member
Same temps here, but around 40% humidity. The reason I'm wondering is that Sapphire recently developed a twitch that both me and the herp vet are stunned to have found (Solar glo kicking out 115 lumens of UV, diet of almost all mice, temps between 85 and 100) and I want to make sure that her recent change in behavior is environmental and not health related.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nero has been doing the same thing since like herplings said its been raining alot here in the midwest however pyro is up everyday a@ 6-7 am and dont miss a beat lol and the both got the same temps!

Herplings

5 Year Member
reptastic said:
nero has been doing the same thing since like herplings said its been raining alot here in the midwest however pyro is up everyday a@ 6-7 am and dont miss a beat lol and the both got the same temps!

It is crazy to watch how different their personalities are from one to another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu