• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Vitamins.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Otay, I bought some Multi-vitamins on sale the other day; more specifically this:

Snapshot_20090121.jpg

Is this good for a source of Vitamins? What do you usually sprinkle Vitamin dust on?

Thanks,

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Supplements are said to have a bunch of different things in them, but studies were done on some the products, they did not have what they say is in some of them. Others want you to buy crushed oyster shell as a form of calcium supplement, but they know your reptile cannot absorb this type of crushed rock. They are not going to tell you this, they have a product to sell, I prefer to not waste my money, enough said there.

Proper UV and Diet is the only way to go for me. If a tegu has proper UV and a good diet, you dont need supplements. It is all about the proper diet. If you feed rodents, chicks, or quail once or twice a week along with a regular diet, and use a good source of UV, you don't need the supplements, that is true proper care of a tegu. Beef liver and cod liver oil are a great source of natural vitamins. I am not big on powdered supplements.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Alrighty! Thanks.

I can probably just toss this in a cabinet or something and forget about it. lol

None of my current animals really NEED it. I was just curious. :)

Edit:

Boiled/cooked eggs should be fed WITH the shell, yes?

Thanks again

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed whole soft boiled eggs with the shell to the adults, but remove the shell with younger tegus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029