• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

visual diferences between normal and giants

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
i was wondering what are the diferences between the two, i have read the V under the chin and and more pointed head instead of rounded and the thing with the eye shape and the overall size. does any one have pictures to compare the V thing and others.

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
just wondering about the v thing mine has a v under his chin and i bought it as a normal. any one out there with chin shots of there norms

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
PM Bobby ( Varnyard ) with a picture of your tegus chin and a couple body shots and he should be able to clarify what you have. From what I know, normals don't get the V's but maybe this is a fluke? Just like the tegu with one blue eye and one brown.

Spencer

hoosier

5 Year Member
this is probably the best shot i have of his chin.
wild028.jpg

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
ok i took some with my phone and hoosier is that a norm or giant good looking tegu either way.and there was a tegu with a blue eye and a brown.

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Down the page a little and you'll be able to see.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://thetegu.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=52029#52029">http://thetegu.com/modules.php?name=For ... 2029#52029</a><!-- m -->

Spencer

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think there's a post somewhere about this if you can find it. I believe occasionally you get a giant without the "V" and likewise you might see a normal B&W with the "V" so you really have to use that and other slight differences like the rounded nose thing. Or just wait till it's full grown and then you'll know if you have a giant or not :-D

AlpineStar

5 Year Member
well besides merlin doesnt have a creamy colored body, his head is creamy colored and he has a pointyish nose not rounded and a v under his chin. so i dunno will just have to let the pros decide

hoosier

5 Year Member
AlpineStar said:
ok i took some with my phone and hoosier is that a norm or giant good looking tegu either way.and there was a tegu with a blue eye and a brown.

hes a normal ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980