• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Visit to Bobby and Panama City

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
I spent a very enjoyable but too short 2 and a half days with Bobby in Florida. He did a terrific job showing me around the area, fixing the best food, and generally being a fabulous host. The days were hot and sunny while I was there and I got to spend some quality time playing with Tegus and even helped collect the Blue/Red/Giant cross eggs. Man, that female was a trip, protecting that nest. It was tricky trying to get in there and get those eggs out.

30216tegu_eggs-med.jpg

One of the things I most wanted to do while in Florida was to see a wild gator. Bobby took me Gator Lake at St. Andrews State Park and we took a short hike along the lake shore. When we came to a small clearing we still hadn't seen signs of any gators so we stopped and Bobby started gator calling and splashing the water a bit. Within just a few minutes we spotted a gator coming around a bend . (The gator is circled in yellow)

30216first_gator_coming_in-med.jpg

Bobby kept calling and the gator kept coming in closer until it was about 8 feet from the bank. Then another smaller gator appeared coming from the same direction. (The first gators head is circled in yellow)

30216double_gator_shot-med.jpg

30216gator_head_shot-med.jpg

A heron stayed about 10-12 feet ahead of us on the trail while hiking along the lake.

30216heron-med.jpg

I was wanting to kidnap these tegus and bring them home with me. These females are part of Bobby's reduced pattern project. I love the way they look.

30216reduced_pattern_project-girls-med.jpg

And this little one is just gorgeous. The photo does not do her justice because those spots on her back are bright yellow.

30216Yellow_spot_girl-med.jpg

And this is just an example of some of the great food I was treated to. Yummmm!!

30216feast-med.jpg

I can't wait to go back!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
WOW!! I hoping to go down and visit him for a few days later this month. If he treats me half a good I'd be happy!!

Tux

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
WOW!! I hoping to go down and visit him for a few days later this month. If he treats me half a good I'd be happy!!

He won't but it's worth a shot right? I keep getting told if I go there I have to sleep with the Tegus hahaha.

Good pics Jane, I hear you were a lil scared of the gator :p

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
And who told you that I was afraid of the gator? I will admit that I was a bit nervous when it started heading closer to the shore but I never felt scared or threatened. It really was an awesome experience and part of a memorable visit.

Dave, I'm sure that Bobby will be just as gracious a host if you visit him, but you won't get to do some of the things that I did. ;) The oysters were spectacular.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It appears FL and Bobby treated ya well! Glad you enjoyed your visit, that last pic looks like a good ole southern boil, mmm mmm :drool

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Yup, Bobby treats me really well but he knows he has to or I'll beat him down! LOL Bobby is always fun to be around and he made me feel right at home.

The crab and shrimp boil was awesome. Bobby is also a fine cook!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tux said:
Now who would possibly have such info :chin

:roll: :doh :chin

Got me there Rick, :lol:

She was a bit nervous, like she said, lol....

As for Dave, you bet bro, I will treat you good, however the couch is a must, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan