• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Vision Cage

aherrera1986

Would a cage 72x36x18 be good enough to house an adult argentine male tegu? I'm only going to use it for an overnight enclosure. During the day he will be out roaming. My main concern is if it's high enough for him to be full grown and be able to still be comfy. How tall do adult tegus usually get?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
With a height of 18 inches you have to consider all that goes into the enclosure such as substrate, hides, lighting, a basking spot or platforms. Some do like to climb or even just standing on their hind legs alone an adults body (not including the tail) is longer than 18 inches.

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
All day free roam is a terrible idea. In Socal(your listed location) you likely won't get the humidity or temps necessary to keep him healthy.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
On average I don't know how long they are from snout to vent. Consider the fact that most adults are well over 3ft in length and their tail can be twice as long as their body if not more in some cases. So their SVL can be at least 18 in.
With that a lot of lights have minimum and maximum distance requirements to be affective as well as safe. Plus everything else in the enclosure that I previously mentioned and a height of 18" is not adequate.

aherrera1986

Bubblz Calhoun said:
On average I don't know how long they are from snout to vent. Consider the fact that most adults are well over 3ft in length and their tail can be twice as long as their body if not more in some cases. So their SVL can be at least 18 in.
With that a lot of lights have minimum and maximum distance requirements to be affective as well as safe. Plus everything else in the enclosure that I previously mentioned and a height of 18" is not adequate.

Cool thanks for the help that's all I needed to know.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do not use the Vision cages for UV animals, there is not enough distance between the ground and vent area. I used one for Bosco just as a night and when I was away cage and he did not like it nor did I.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeguSteff