• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

VIDEO: Buzz the Rock iguana and tortoises

RobK.

very nice .

Is the wood on you cage for buzz , treated ? Pine or ? I am still trying to decode on what i want to use on Roni's

Deac77

5 Year Member
Looks awesome I know that when sulcatas get big, 9lbs in the firs year if taken care of right, they will bully your other species

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
very nice .

Is the wood on you cage for buzz , treated ? Pine or ? I am still trying to decode on what i want to use on Roni's

Thanks Rob. I believe it's Rosewood, or something like that - forgot exactly.

Deac77 said:
Looks awesome I know that when sulcatas get big, 9lbs in the firs year if taken care of right, they will bully your other species

He gets my hold yard space when he's older. Haha

Deac77

5 Year Member
Haha mine are SUPER destructive omg it's insane haha your in Texas right? Is it still warm enough there to keep your herps out 24/7 here in midland it's to cold already

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yea we got steady temps here in Houston, and my house is in the city so it's always warm out. Never gets too cold, I'm probably goin to set up a winter enclosure in my garage for Buzz since it's heated but the torts will do fine.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
Not the sulcatas!!! I had to bring mine in bit pleases lol

I have enough room in my garage to setup a tortoise habitat for the short 3 weeks that temps actually dip into low 50's, so I can do that.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
So lucky lol it's been below the 50s for a month lol

Damn we only get a few weeks of temps in the low 50's, and that's at night. During the day we get a whole lot of sun and a decent amount of heat!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac77 said:
Yea your lucky its usually November-jan that's the coldest and to think we are in the same state!

Haha yea. The positives to living so close to the coast, I use to house my tegus outdoors year round a few year back.

RobK.

Here in N.Utah It will not be above 50 again until april . January it drops in to -10 to -18 for a week or two . then it will be in the 20-40's

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
Here in N.Utah It will not be above 50 again until april . January it drops in to -10 to -18 for a week or two . then it will be in the 20-40's

Wow that's low. Last year the lowest got at night was about 49. This year we're expecting an even warmer winter.

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
RobK. said:

Wow that's low. Last year the lowest got at night was about 49. This year we're expecting an even warmer winter.

those are day time temps i me intentioned . at night i will be below zero every noight for most of the winter , I am scraping the ice off my duck bout to head out with my son and lab , those shot in my back helped . 905 of the pain gone , as long and i don'tb get stupi( i am good at that ) and lift wrong anything over 15-20 lbs > neck shots on tuesday , hope those help .

i just measured Roni' s belly before eating and he's got a 17 '' girth on his belly and 8' at the base of his tail . so he's bulking up . i would be happy with a 46''overall lenght , he's 18'' from snout to vent . but i am sure he will grow another 6' or so . maybe not . ??? Have you seen that lady holding a 25 lb male Rhino ?

Roni has been pooping twice a day now ,once in the tub and once on my lap or down my back or neck !! LOL LOL

this guys i huge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxlLat5ljOA&list=LPj1bZQd94TJg&index=5&feature=plcp

trying to find that 25 lb male photo. ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980