• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Viatamins?

povmichael123

5 Year Member
Ok so I have read the care sheet on uv lighting and the D3 supplement. My question is I have purchased a great uv light and basking light, along with herptitive and i wan to know if the uvlight and that together is fine or if i should also get the calcium with D3 and how often should i switch the vitamins if i do need both powders?

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
May I ask which UV light you bought? just curious :)

If it does turn out to be a well trusted bulb that produces both UVA and UVB then you don't need the Calcium D3 supplement but you should get just pure Calcium powder. You can then just supplement it 2-3 times a week and the Herptivite once a week.

You don't need to worry about to much Calcium with the pure Calcium because the extra will just be put into feces. Where as Calcium with D3 is not something you want to use excessively because from what I've read it will force the lizard to use the calcium causing something like MBD by making the bones bigger in certain areas.

Spencer

povmichael123

5 Year Member
I got the Powersun which is UVA and UVB as well as a heat lamp and we use this bulb at my pet shop for most of our animals and it has worked wonders for us. That sounds great I just wasnt too sure of how much of each and how little of this and that if you get what I mean. Just want to make sure im going to keep great care of my little guy which I pick up on Monday!! HOORAY!!! :-D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.