• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Vegas, R.I.P

akward_silence91

5 Year Member
oh i'm sorry to here that. You'll get it right the next time. tell bobby. maybe he'll get you a discount to start again. if it was a red it was probably a humdidty problem, but i'm not going to just guess cause i don't know the situation.

KoreanDeathKid

5 Year Member
he just wasn't acting right since he came out of his long winter sleep, so i decided to get a closer look at him, and i could see that he had swollen arms, which i suspected it to be a sign of metabollic bone disease, so i took it to the vet, and the vet suggested that it was just more than metabollic bone disease, he said that the bone disease was causing him to stop eating, becoming more active, and could possibly affect him from shedding.
the vet gave me some liqud calcium, metronidazole, and some "carnivore diet" , which were all supposed to help him with his bone disease, get him more active, and to get his diet back. he also suggested some natural sun light more than usual
weeks went by just fine, and i offered food as usual, and on the day the tegu died, i offered it some boiled eggs, and shockily Vegas just went crazy eating boiled eggs, and as soon as he was done, i could see something was not right, and he just started freaking out, going crazy in his cage, thrashing his tail, opening his mouth, throwing up, and shaking for minutes, i put him in a tub of warm water, but Vegas just flipped over, almost drowning himself, so back in the cage it went, and that's where the tegu finally died

Aranha

5 Year Member
My god i just saw your vids in my subs on youtube! Sorry for your loss KDK. Was it metabolic? R.I.P Vegas :'(

How old was he and where did you buy him?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980