• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UVB exposure vs. appetite

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anyone have any thoughts or articles on the correlation between UVB exposure in reptiles (mainly lizards) and their appetites?

MIKE-ZILLA

5 Year Member
never hear of a connection there. I kept my gu inside until about 30" long and then outside with natral uv rays. there was no change in appetite as long as the temperature was warm.I did notice that when a cold front came through in early september the high was 70 degrees and the low was about 60-63. she burrowed, sealed the entrance with mud and refused to come out and refused food. I think the refusal of food was temperature related rather than uv related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980