• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

UV Lighting Questions for an Animal Plastics T100, Bioactive

Dragon392

Thank you!!! I’m trying, and learning as I go. Glad the material lists are useful, too! I haven’t found a whole lot of resources on doing this for tegus, so I’ve tried to put at least that out there for anyone else wanting to try it.

I’m picturing that Sistine Chapel with reptile heads on everyone. OMG, that would be phenomenal. They ARE going to have to stop us, or we’re going to have nicer enclosures than the zoos!

I haven’t done an acrylic pour. I may have to look into that. I’ve been interested in resin for years, but never taken it up. Maybe now is the time to branch out into some new things.

Skully is ADORABLE! Those squishy cheeks!!! (The jowls are the entire reason I wanted a male tegu, over a female—so freakin’ cute!)

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
size 1000.jpg
I LOVE resin. Sticky stuff - but worth the time. This is just one example of the acrylic pours...and this one has a resin finish.
Lots of fun!! Try Blick for great art supplies (acrylic paints) at dickblick.com. His prices are as good as any unless you get a ridiculous 50% sale.

It's not for everyone, but a super fun mess of a time. You'll be kicking your hubby out of his office next so you have more space for canvases. And thanks - Skully's jowls are always a point of conversation! Yours will be there soon! Love the idea of reptile heads! Lmao!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I tried to re-size that pic 10 times.... hoped it would just adjust once I posted but it didn't. I don't know why the Skully pic went through with a decent size... but not this one. Oh well.....you get the idea.

I just realized how I might have a small fetish with scales. o_O:tegu:

Dragon392

That is gorgeous (and the size looks fine to me, but to be fair, I’m on mobile)!!! Ok, I’m going to have to look into how that’s done, and give it a whirl. I always loved playing around with mixing metallic paints, and PearlEx powders. I used to do a lot of polymer clay, too. I need to get back into it all.

Skully has the bestest jowls. Please give that good boy some scritches!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced