• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Uromastyx

sunshine22

5 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting a Uromastyx. I talked to a guy that said they are really good pets and very friendly most of the time.

Any opinions?

Markie

5 Year Member
I've never actually had one, but I got to hold one once and he was a calm little guy. I think they are pretty awesome!

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
I own 3 of them, and have owned many more in the past. They tend to be very friendly, just skittish at first. If you get a baby, they can turn out to be as tame as a bearded dragon. My youngest one (a female Egyptian) is very calm once out of the cage, but runs when I open the tank. She will just sit on my chest for hours. They are really great pets, I love them so much!

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
I agree that they are awesome pets and sooooo much fun to watch run around in their cages and everything else. Some of the habits Spaz gets into is soooooo funny. I do not however agree that these guys should be taken out and held on a regular basis. They're body temps hangs out at about 102(if i remember correctly) being the main temp they like to stick to. Taking the animal out and letting it run around is a good thing on occasion, but many of the times the animal is going to sit on ur chest or arm trying to warm up. When Spaz starts doing that that's about the time I put him away and 9/10 times he goes over and basks for a little bit then he's back to his usualy active self.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu