• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Uromastyx UV

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
So I just moved my Mali Spike into a 15 gallon this afternoon since Kodo is now living with me fulltime and needs the 65 gallon until I can get something 6x3-ish. Spike used to have two room mates so that's why he lived in such a huge tank for a smallish lizard (he's only 10 inches). Anyways, the UV bulb I was going to use burnt out and I don't know what to use for a tank that small. He currently has 150 watt infrared heat bulb so all he needs is UV.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Just get a 10.0 ReptiSun. Not sure of length on a 15 gallon, but a 18" tube fixture and bulb should work.

Deac77

5 Year Member
id second the reptisun it fit on my 20gal with plenty of room when stubble was a baby so i dont see why it wouldnt work on a 15

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Thanks. I was worried a Power Sun would get the temp too high when combined with the big heat bulb, even for a uro.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you wanted to use a MVB, you could and just get rid of the other bulb.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
The Reptisun bulb is too long for my lamp so I'm swapping the 150 watt infreared for a 100 watt Zoo Med Powersun and a 100 watt infrared for night warmth. Once again, thank you all for your advice. Spike seems to like his new digs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu