• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update on my man, Bans :)

Steven.

Wassup reptile lovers, just wanted to give you an update on Bans. He an awesome tegu and super calm for his age. No fight or flight here(knock on wood lol). He has slowed down a lot, but he eats every three days bask for couple of hours. Wakes up at 8ish and is gone by 3. But anyways, I havent seen him in couple of days because i work from 6am to 4pm. So today being my day off, i spent cleaning the enclosure, moving some things around etc. I also noticed he was very dull and some skin was loose by his neck area, so i gave him a bath..

2012-11-13122056.jpg

2012-11-13122130.jpg

HIS WHOLE BODY SHED!!! from neck to tail. I helped a little by rubbing off the skin but total shed time was less than 5 minutes lol..

After i hold him for the day i like to put him by my window, so he can get some real sunshine. So i decided to take some pictures for you guys...

2012-11-13122245.jpg

2012-11-13122409.jpg

2012-11-13122431.jpg

He's the best. Can't get any better at his age.. really. I have one question though, I noticed today that theres a section on his neck area that kinda looks black/blue to me. I have no idea what it is. It doesnt feel like his skin though, the texture is different.. Can anyone give me some ideas please?...

2012-11-13122327.jpg

Thank you!!

Steven.

Don't really wanna talk about it. But it was just like sobek situation but with my cousins cat... Anyways thanks for the complements buzz. How's the new iguana?...

sent from my phone to your eyes

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Steven. said:

Awwww,.. :p that tail end is too cute.
I noticed the neck in the pics as well, the first couple look like it could have just been his color shading, lighting or what ever but not the other pics. I would check the enclosure to make sure there's not something he may be rubbing against or gaining access to, especially the lights and check your hot spots. I don't know what your setup is like but it could be jumping and launching itself into the bulb when you're not there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980