• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Update on Aussies (lots of pics)**edited**

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The enclosure still isnt completely finshed yet. Waiting for the weather to warm up so i can get large peaces of drift wood at the beach to put in there..and i desided today i to move the lower shelf up more.
DSC02300.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

In the above image, you cant see them but there are rosey minnows in the pond.
DSC02298.jpg

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02295.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

I *think* this might be a male (still to young to know)
DSC02281.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02290.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

This one might be a female
DSC02292.jpg

DSC02293.jpg

Adams13

5 Year Member
Awesome Aussies Lexi, i like the base of your enclosure and with the driftwood the set up is gonna look even better. Keep the pics coming, i cant get over these lizards.

Adams

ZEKE

5 Year Member
awesome lexi!! i have been wondering how your dragons were doing. have you figured out yet if they are male or female? do you plan to breed them?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
if they turn out to be male and female..then yes.. i will try to breed.

gebris353

5 Year Member
Wow that's such a great place you build up for your beardies, I love it. And those close shot of them show how beautiful they are! Everytime I see pics like these of beardies I want a couple even more! I will have to go farther in my research to get them here! :-D

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
gebris353 said:
Wow that's such a great place you build up for your beardies, I love it. And those close shot of them show how beautiful they are! Everytime I see pics like these of beardies I want a couple even more! I will have to go farther in my research to get them here! :-D
Ah'to correct you.. They are Aussie water Dragons..not bearded dragons.. But i do have 3 bearded dragons and a clutch that should be hatching next month.. Thank you all for the comments!

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Aussies are great. They are so hardy and tolerant of keeper mistakes, much more so that CWD's. They're just great all around pets.

ColdThirst

5 Year Member
Wow they have a pool with a filter and fish too! I didn't know that. Your cage just went way up in my book! I did not expect that.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ColdThirst said:
Wow they have a pool with a filter and fish too! I didn't know that. Your cage just went way up in my book! I did not expect that.
Yeah they are just feeder fish.. the enclosure is hardly finished.. i still have to build a bigger hide box ,ect..But this all can wait till summer..hence they are still so small.

playlboi

5 Year Member
way wicked lexi.

i'm way jealous.

i can't wait till the summer comes, i'm gonna purchase some aussies too.

DZLife

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lexi said:
ColdThirst said:
Yeah they are just feeder fish.. the enclosure is hardly finished.. i still have to build a bigger hide box ,ect..But this all can wait till summer..hence they are still so small.

Those are gonna be some happy campers!

gebris353

5 Year Member
Lexi said:
ColdThirst said:

Now that you say it, you are right they are very different lol! But they are really nice too! It's all your fault! Now I dont know what I want haha! :p

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
gebris353 said:
Lexi said:
ColdThirst said:

Now that you say it, you are right they are very different lol! But they are really nice too! It's all your fault! Now I dont know what I want haha! :p
Well Bearded dragons where my first love!! And Beardies are much easyer to keep i think.

shiftylarry

5 Year Member
Bearded Dragons are easier to keep, because you don't have to deal with water, but I like the fact that you can keep Aussies in large groups.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus