• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

two gu's

Bobby1220

hey all, ive been thinking about getting another tegu...I have a few questions im sure yall can clear up for me before i do lol. My red is thriving and doing great in her large enclosure, my question is...can i introduce another gu of her size in there and have them live together? Or should thathave been done as babies so they have more time to grow together? Also if i put a b/w in with a red would they be upset, or do same species do better together?
-thank you

TheTeguGurl

Well you would have to interduse them in some way. What I did with my 2 gus that are housed together is i found a area in the house where they could roam together and see how they get along. But it would be a good idea to not just throu in another tegu with your right away just to make sure there are no illness or fights. So quarantine the other one for a week is a great idea first. But let them roam around together for awhile and if they seem OK with each other you should be OK, Still be on the look out for any aggressive behavior.[/align]

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I would keep the new one quarantined for a couple weeks. If there are no signs of illness you can try letting them roam around together. If all goes well after a few times out together you can try putting them in the same enclosure... I would switch out all the substrate and clean the hides. It'll help give them a "fresh start".
Another thing you can after the quarantine is put the newer one in the original ones enclosure without the original tegu in there, it might help get it familiar with the scent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu