• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

twitching

CrowsCaw

Well I've had my baby black and white tegu for about 5 days now and we noticed today that his toes are twitching on his back foot. I have been feeding him everyday because the people I got him from were feeding him just plain crickets. So I started feeding him high quality chicken and giblet cat food mixed with dried vegetables and dried mealworms and dried grasshopper pieces. I didn't getting a tegu so soon but I couldn't leave him there so I dished out $90 for him and he is the sweetest thing ever. I just got paid so I got him chicken livers, fish, tomato, egg, green beans, grapes, beef, and turkey. Are eggs good or bad? I mix repti-boost, and plain calcium in with his food daily to get his weight up to par. He still has a lot of energy and has nice strong back legs and a strong tail. Then I have been giving him rep-cal calcium with d3 2x a week. What else can I do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you using to provide uvb and what are the temps in the enclosure?

CrowsCaw

Powersun. And he has been outside everyday since I got him.... he is about 6-8 in from nose to vent. Ambient temps about 75F. Basking about 105F. *I didn't plan to get him so soon.* sorry I didn't see the mistake when I posted. I am working on getting his temps on point

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If those are the current temps, they are good.

Could possibly be a diet/calcium issue. I would recommend getting some rodents into him to try and get him where he needs to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu