• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Turtles & Tortoises

okay so im also wanting a turtle and a tortoise. but im unsure what to get...i know i want a alligator snapping turtle...can anyone recommend and post pics of really amazing turtules and tortoises to get?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The closest i came to owning a tortoise was having a 3 toed box turtle, a beautiful red eastern box turtle and a regular snapping turtle(actually a rescue, i found a little hatchling in a park, here in chicago, no idea how he got there)
hope to get one or both of these one day

My favorite torts:

Leopard tortoise
Sulcata tortoise

reptastic said:
The closest i came to owning a tortoise was having a 3 toed box turtle, a beautiful red eastern box turtle and a regular snapping turtle(actually a rescue, i found a little hatchling in a park, here in chicago, no idea how he got there)
hope to get one or both of these one day

My favorite torts:

Leopard tortoise
Sulcata tortoise

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :) geeze the way everyoe just quiit talking to me so abruptely i thought ive become a annoyment on this site or people stopped liking me here : /

turtlepunk

I dont have any experience with tortoises but ive always loved em!!! theyre too cute!! and the leopard tortoise is definitely one of my favs!! theyre so beautiful especially when they're babies!!! I have always loved the pancake tortoise as well!
as for turtles, I adore the sliders!! I have always had red eared sliders just because they're so active. I always fall in love with their little crazy personalities! As soon as i walk into the room they run into the water from basking and are right at the front of the glass waiting for me to feed them. THEYRE SUCH BOTTOMLESS PITS! "food? food? FOOOOOOD?!?"
but I must warn you, keeping the water/tank clean is a B*TCH!! Ive done the feeding in a separate feeding bin thing and it just didnt stick! lol. So i do a 50-75% water change every week or so.

turtlepunk said:
I dont have any experience with tortoises but ive always loved em!!! theyre too cute!! and the leopard tortoise is definitely one of my favs!! theyre so beautiful especially when they're babies!!! I have always loved the pancake tortoise as well!
as for turtles, I adore the sliders!! I have always had red eared sliders just because they're so active. I always fall in love with their little crazy personalities! As soon as i walk into the room they run into the water from basking and are right at the front of the glass waiting for me to feed them. THEYRE SUCH BOTTOMLESS PITS! "food? food? FOOOOOOD?!?"
but I must warn you, keeping the water/tank clean is a B*TCH!! Ive done the feeding in a separate feeding bin thing and it just didnt stick! lol. So i do a 50-75% water change every week or so.

haha awesome :D ive always had allot of fish as pets and salt water set ups as well :D im sure i could manage some how XD i want a salamander O_O and theres anther type of aquatic reptile i want but i forgot the name of it...it looks liek a salamander with feathers.. O_O

turtlepunk

oooh the axolotls? those things are sooo trippy!
Axolotl_t2.jpg

turtlepunk said:
oooh the axolotls? those things are sooo trippy!
Axolotl_t2.jpg
yessssssssssssssssssssss! i want some soo Fing bad i love them regulars and albinos!! D: lets make some axolotls babies turtlepunk!! DX *calls up breeders* DX *puts them in the back of our toilets til we get proper set ups* we're gonna be Mummys!!!

montana

I would guess a regular snapper would be all you need .
Having lived where there are both the alligator gets so big you couldnt even lift it .
I had an alligator snapper skull for years that was as big as a baseball cap [long story there ..]

long ago in early summer you could go down to the river ad catch newly hatched babys ...
they are easy to keep and eat very well .

They never seem to get over their nastiness tho...

I have seen color morphs available on the internet ...

jmulley6

Only turtles Ive had were alligator snappers and sun turtles either caught or found wondering in the road.

montana

Box turtles were cool where I lived you would occasionally find them .

There seemed to be two different kinds one was green and the other more colorful..

We would keep them for a few days before letting them go where we found them ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.