• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Trying to make it inviting!

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
So I decided to put a small basking light over his new cool side shelf. I have no sunlight in my shop so his only light source is my 30" zoo med florescent light set on a 12hr timer. He still has his cool side hide which is in the mid 70's, on top of the hide is 80's and the basking shelf is about 90's. He seemed to like that. He came out 2 days in a row and now under for a couple of days. Its getting a lot warmer here now so I also took one of the heat emitters out of his hot side and replaced it with a small basking light. It now gives him a more sunny look in the daytime. Plus this will amplify all his uv requirements. Hopefully he will start coming out more. He does like his new cool side shelf though. He stays there for a while and then moves to the hot side. But before he left the cool side shelf, he had to poop on it. Lol Easy to find and clean. Lol

Still laughing .... I know your new Tegu is young, so the bask of 90dg is good but could be warmer. 100-110dg is more common I think. For my adults, I have it at 120 - 125dg. Still giving them the cool side of 70-75dg

bsshig40

Still laughing .... I know your new Tegu is young, so the bask of 90dg is good but could be warmer. 100-110dg is more common I think. For my adults, I have it at 120 - 125dg. Still giving them the cool side of 70-75dg
My tegus basking side is 115-120. The 90dg is the new shelf I put up higher on his cool side. His cool hide below this shelf is 74dg.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Cool. If the bask is too hot, she'll stay away. I'm thinking 115dg is too hot for a little one, but if it's just a small spot - prob doesn't matter.

bsshig40

Cool. If the bask is too hot, she'll stay away. I'm thinking 115dg is too hot for a little one, but if it's just a small spot - prob doesn't matter.
His hot basking area is on a hide that is about 1 ft square. He goes up there and will sit for a while. Inside the basking hide is about 85 dg. He seems to be maneuvering around to where he wants to go just fine. Doesn't seem to be veering away from any spot in his enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980