• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Trying to eat my slipper... Youtube vid

saided

Today was basically the 3rd decent day of the year here so far, and Dio's 2nd day outside. I totally forgot that natural UVB wigs him out the first few times...

As he was sunbaithing and waiting to be fed, he started to go after the cat food, so I let him have a bite (huge mess/ mistake). I must have stepped in some cause he decided to go after my slipper. I got it on video. I retrieved it from his grip right after the video ends, then hid my shoes, no harm to the lizard.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIZAc8qlvro&context=C42058d6ADvjVQa1PpcFOvK5LnV5ycfDvCJm4jdCxNX89RGT5PW0c=[/video]

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Lmao! What a great video. I loved how he just took the slipper right off your foot and marched off with it. So his name is Dio, any chance he's named after Ronnie James Dio?

tresh

That was hilarious to watch. Poor tegu, thought he had himself a big treat, just had a dirty slipper, lol

saided

Yep DragonMetalHead; He's named after Ronnie James Dio. I found the name Dio online before I even got my 'gu, and was like "ooh thats a badass name", then the next week RJD died of cancer, and the week after that, Dio hatched! Sometimes I tell him he's reincarnated, but I find that a little creepy. hahaha.

He's gone after my slipper during feeding before and has just smelled it and walked away. Never taken it.
Thanks for commenting guys!

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
saided said:
Yep DragonMetalHead; He's named after Ronnie James Dio. I found the name Dio online before I even got my 'gu, and was like "ooh thats a badass name", then the next week RJD died of cancer, and the week after that, Dio hatched! Sometimes I tell him he's reincarnated, but I find that a little creepy. hahaha.

He's gone after my slipper during feeding before and has just smelled it and walked away. Never taken it.
Thanks for commenting guys!

Dio is my alltime favorite heavy metal artist. A fine name choice. I named my sand boa after one of his albums and my kingsnake is named after Deep Purple/Rainbow's guitarist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu