• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

True Tegu VIV????

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Any one have an indoor self-sustaining viv? With the works, water fall false floor (Is that even possible?) and foams-works? and so on? Post your pics here if you do or have any examples that have you thinking please I need ideas muah ha ha ha :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol:

argus333

5 Year Member
i have really only seen set ups like this with only anoles and frogs or small geckos. and they still needed daily spot cleaning. but interesting still. do u want a set up like this for tegus?????

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
Yeah I was thinking of trying it. I'd imagine the substrate would be very specific. I haven't been able to find any examples but it should be posible. I've seen sorta a half-way viv, but it wasn't a true viv. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.captivebred.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11229&highlight=bosc+vivarium+design">http://www.captivebred.co.uk/forum/view ... ium+design</a><!-- m --> but that's for a Monitor.

argus333

5 Year Member
well this cage looks ok , i see a lot of problems however. #1 water monitors are huge poopers so cleaning this cage will be a nightmare. #2 plants never work with monitors or tegus they love to dig and rip things apart. #3 its good size for the moment but in 3 to 6 months it will be to small. i see a lot of other problems but i find simple is always better and also the bigger the better. but give it a try this is just my opinions i like easey cleaning and easy access.

DaRealJoker

5 Year Member
yeah I didn't think it was that awesome either but a start. I was looking at the sink idea. it seems ideal when it comes to cleaning. just pull the plug lol. I don't think the foam will be anybit helpfull or nice as it would most likely be trashed in a week. it would have to be hardened to all bleep to be of use. I like the thought of plants in a big air quality kinda way. I didn't like the size either only one example If anyone has an example please share

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029