• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tropical Lizards Can't Take The Heat Of Climate Warming

AB^

5 Year Member
Enjoy!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090303193954.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 193954.htm</a><!-- m -->

Beazer

5 Year Member
That definitely is interesting. Though, I would really like to know where and how these studies were conducted? Description of the areas? As in, were there near by clear cutting by logging industry? Were they in secondary or primary forest? Was the rainforest in that area 'strategically' logged allowing more heat to enter the rainforest? If there was any logging of any sort in the area, how deep were they away from it?
I disagree and agree with global warming, but scientists do like to play the global warming card (unfortunately they sometimes have to) in order to get grants and what not.
There is no doubt though, these animals cannot tolerate the heat that is appearing in whatever areas the studies were made. I wish these articles would cover a lot more :/. Its very interesing and I would much rather see how the longing industries/agricultural industries affect the warming of the area. Thats another thing, they should see if its a 'global' warming or maybe there should be studies for 'regional' warming.
Even here in AZ it seems more that its regional warming rather than a global warming because the cities and places within several miles of development are waaaay hotter and breaking records, yet you go out to faaaar away areas and the temps appear to be 'normal'? Also, the city even creates a heat bubble of sorts that affects our monsoons within the city area and near by land.
I say all this because in order to fix the problem, they need to expose the true problems. I would love to see more articles on this stuff, its pretty damn interesting.

-Jon DeLong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan