• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

trip to the vet story

White_Lotus

5 Year Member
Ok so my gf, her mom and i went to the vet last night for a check-up for my eldest tegu Akira..the doctor told me my Gu was in perfect health. but when he had said after word is what scared me, he told me that in 10years of vet work in this city he has NEVER seen a tegu as healthly as mine. At first i was happy and relieved at the news but as i thought about it at work a little later, what kind of world do we live in where people can't take care of their tegu?! I mean type tegu in google you'll get all sorts of stuff, care sheets, phone numbers, breeder lists. but in 10 years he has NEVER seen a tegu as healthy as mine! To say the least it scared me he told me he always gets little babies that are lethargic, extremely underweight and its because people just buy them and treat them like dogs, they hear "dog tame" and think they can survive like a dog not realizing that the term is just referring to the attitude/temperment of a tegu...i gave him some information on a little card, this website, my phone number, email and acc name for this website and said if anyone ever comes in with a Gu give them this info because that is just not cool...he said he saw a tegu earlier that week the person came in 2 days later the tegu had died they kept it on reptile carpet, fed it crickets every 2 days because it was to expensive to feed it everyday. I understand but there are actual places you can go to in this city where they buy your exotics from you and they will take care of it and find it a new home...but instead be selfish and cheap and watch you tegu waste away slowly and painfully :rant :mad :rant
I don't think i have ever felt so angry abotu being told i'm doing a great job in my life(that just sounds weird but its' true) :mad

sorry about the rant...

isdrake

5 Year Member
I'm glad to hear that your Tegu is healthy. And it's really great of you to leave that card with information. Hopefully it will help. :)

I think big lizards are vulnerable just because of their size. Many people think they are cool thing to show off.

I understand that you are upset. =( Even here then we have pretty good laws about animal keeping there are a lot of big monitors that are treated badly. Some people that are new to the hobby won't settle with a small lizard to start with, they want big monitors...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan