• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

travel questions

elmo

i live in SC and in a few weeks im goin to NY for a week. ive never traveled this far or this long with elmo before. she will b staying in a big tub, ill have her uvb light and heat light and heat pad (which i prolly wont use). im goin to get her an electric blanket for the 14 hr ride there and back. help? any ideas...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is there a reason you are taking her with you rather then get someone to check on her?

I only ask because going that far can be stressful for a lizard especially if there is no cage set-up on the other end.

elmo

i dont have anyone to care for her here, im goin to have a set up ready in ny. its just goin to b alot smaller then her current one.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I haven't traveled with mine, depending on how long I'm gone I'll either leave them alone, have someone check in on them or board them some where. Some shops and Vet hospitals board exotics. Actually I take that back, when I moved from Colorado to Nevada I drove and had Spaz with me in a bin with no problems. Like I mentioned in another thread just skip feeding for a few days before then the day of, offer a heavy meal like whole prey. Then your tegu will spend most of the time if not the whole trip sleeping and lounging around while it digests. If you use a heating blanket or pad check to see what the lowest temp is. Depending on the temps when you travel you may not even need it. Also if you haven't got one already a harness and leash will come in handy if she gets antsy in the bin.

Deac77

5 Year Member
Kirby used to travel 2-3 times a week for AT LEAST 2 hours a trip she love it, was a lot like a dog, looked out the window tried to get my snacks ect ect lol.

To maintain temps (during the winter) I simply got some hand Warner's from Home Depot or lowes and put 2 in the carrier with her on one side so she could kinda choose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu