• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Toxic Mice - Where did all the red dye go?

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Diamond is sold at Tractor supply and most of the large chain stores like Petco and Petsmart. You should be able to find it no problem. It's in a burgandy bag. It is made for hunting dogs. High Energy will be on the bag.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
No problem any all natural high protein food will work. The main thing is to watch for red die. This is something not touched on. But Preservatives are also a strong topic . The reason I used Diamond is because every time which is few. That problems arose over their food. They made sure to compensate the person and done it well too. The folks are great. I've talked to lots of people there and all we're helpful and informative. The Diamond is a very good product and cost less than most bulk rat feed. Usually about 1/2 the price. So it makes great sense to use it to me. There are other safe brands . You just have to do your home work. One rule of themb. The cheaper the price the cheaper the product. Cheap dog food is just that cheap. That's what most rat breeders use. Cause of all things money is the key to these cuts. In my case it isn't. I'm looking for quality and production. So therfore. I got with the Diamond. It out performs all other feeds hands down. I've tried them all.
Purina used to make Rat Blocks and Rat chow. It's hard to get now. But some of it was 48% protein. Protien and fat are what helps the females have large litters and give milk for them. We really need a company that understand how rats really function to formulate a feed for them. I would love to be on the panel to explain what I have learned over the years. This is a great topic. I wished someone who feeds grain as a staple to their rats would chime in. I used to know a breeder that fed her rats chicken scratch. She had to keep huge numbers to supply the numbers I did with less rats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus