• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tips and feedback on balcony setup

jaznoronha

New Member
Messages
1
So… I have an unusual set up for my 1 year and a half old Tegu. I'm a first time reptile owner from Brazil, and I always wanted a lizard and researched a lot about them, but always waited for the perfect one (i didn't want bearded dragons or geckos which are basically the only ones that are legal in Brazil) but when I found a store that legally sold tegus i freaked out (they always have been my favorite lizard). But i didn't want a small tank and since my apartament is not very big i decided to set up his enclosure in my balcony and slowly transform the whole balcony in his enclosure, with glass covering everything. I got him as little baby and kept him in a normal tank, as he grew I started to acostume him to the balcony and adding things. He is now MUCH bigger and seems very healthy, never had any problems in handling, he is very sweet and rarely aggressive (lately he had a phase that he was more scared and wouldn't let me near him, which I know is common in their puberty, but it passed now, he is still very agitated but more curious than anything) BUT as a first time reptile owner and having such an unusual set up i'm very worried that i'm doing something wrong, so i would love some feedback from actual tegu owners!
Here is Roberto Carlos and his enclosure with some explanations
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0662.png
    IMG_0662.png
    9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0664.jpeg
    IMG_0664.jpeg
    732.7 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
20,248
Messages
178,156
Members
10,609
Latest member
jaznoronha
Top