• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Timo at his finest...

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
Beautiful tegu but this has to prove to everyone that he is only in it for the money. Just scroll down a little and you'll see the tegu.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.agamainternational.com/home.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.agamainternational.com/home.html</a><!-- m -->

$1000?!

I hope Bobby picks up the animal even if he does despise Timo, he could really get a boost on his high white project. Not to mention save it, but who knows maybe Timo is actually taking care of this one... even though the only reason would be the hefty price tag attached to its tail. :hifit

Spencer

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Beautiful tegu, but like it says those pics were taken in 08 summer, knowing the condition of all the other breeders that are slowing dying from starvation and parasites, that one wont last much longer...who knows what hes doing with it though. All the dragons already died a while back. Agama is in bad shape.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She is not worth a dime to me, her color is not genetic, and she is the only one like that ever produced by her parents. Bert and me talked about her a few times, and she is just a crap out. She would be fine as a pet if you could get her tame, but as a breeder she would just be a normal female. She is a pretty tegu, but I would bet the color would not be passed on to the babies. That being the case, she is not even close to being worth the opening bid to me.

grapesofwrath

5 Year Member
I talked to Timo about a month ago about her, as I was trying to purchase her. However, he told me a local fellow was offering $1000, and once she woke up he was going to advertise her on KS for "a lot more". I was hoping to breed her to my blue tegu, in hopes of making more high whites, as they are my absolute fav. She may or may not produce herself, but she is one fine animal and I will not take anything away from her. I just cannot afford her price..

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
yea $1000 is just absurd...Id pay 350 max. Especially if her color wouldnt be passed along to the babies which makes sense because it isnt the genetic color...and even then knowing the conditition she is probably in I wouldnt pay 2 cents. Timo disgusts me.

Tux

5 Year Member
The color is genetic as well....it's not environmental but the thing is that it is probably due to a random gene mutation which as Bobby mentioned hasn't been reproduced in any other offspring from the parental pair. What this means is inconclusive without breeding her, that mutated gene maybe dominant and therefore could show in the offspring but if it turned out to be recessive than you couldn't reproduce it without some serious inbreeding.

What I'm curious about is why Bobby believes it's not genetic...if it isn't genetic and isn't environmental what exactly is it?

As for the price, you would have to be an idiot to pay that.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tux said:
The color is genetic as well....it's not environmental but the thing is that it is probably due to a random gene mutation which as Bobby mentioned hasn't been reproduced in any other offspring from the parental pair. What this means is inconclusive without breeding her, that mutated gene maybe dominant and therefore could show in the offspring but if it turned out to be recessive than you couldn't reproduce it without some serious inbreeding.

What I'm curious about is why Bobby believes it's not genetic...if it isn't genetic and isn't environmental what exactly is it?

Thank you for taking the time to say that. It was my exact same thoughts.

I don't believe anyone knows for sure what's lurking in the tegu genes. I haven't heard of anyone trying to create morphs or reproduce certain characteristics; other than high whites. So it's uncertain what traits are recessive, dominant, co-dominant etc. If your willing to inbreed there may be some very interesting patterns/colors waiting to be unlocked.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tux said:

It is a freak Tux, thats what I am saying, it just crapped out and I do not think it will carry this gene. As for inbreeding, well I guess I will never know. With there only being one tegu produced like this I would not in any way think it is an inherited traits. Inherited traits must be proven to be genetic, if it is not genetic then it will not prove out to be a genetic trait, and and will not reproduce this trait.

Tux

5 Year Member
Freak or not it is genetic, in this case as I mentioned it is probably a gene mutation (just like other morphs which don't occur in the wild) if it is dom it will show in the 1st level offspring however if it is not it would require breeding it then breeding the offspring to each other or to the parent to show. Traits are either genetic or environmental, if it were environmental other offspring raised in the same environment would show it.

"Mutations that occur only in an egg or sperm cell, or those that occur just after fertilization, are called new (de novo) mutations. De novo mutations may explain genetic disorders in which an affected child has a mutation in every cell, but has no family history of the disorder."

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
"I will try to take pics today. I have not handled her at all, just like we dont handle any of our 100's of tegus. I would think her personallity is mean. It is solely intended for breeding really, and it would be a pity to take it out of the breeding circles.

Thanks
Timo"

The captain said:
Rehab ralphy...

why do you presume the tegu is not tameable?

i thought with work any tegu can be tamed down.

lmao Bobby has some great stories about mean tegus.

But the likelyhood, slim to none.

The captain

5 Year Member
haha well i just hope mine doesnt grow to be a monster.
i got a "tame" varnyard tegu LOL just like on the youtube vids

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Heres a picture Timo posted. Picture date was from yesterday. Honestly, they do look to bad health wise.

Attachments

• DSC01747.gif
    512 bytes · Views: 1

Beasty

5 Year Member
Aside from the regen tail... they do look ok from what I see in that pic.
I was wondering where all these people were getting these reports on how bad Agama is now. How hard can it be to take a turn-key operation and run it? Really?! Timo's mom is still there, she knows how Bert ran it. It shouldn't be that difficult to do. Starting from scratch or simply not having the gumption to get up and attend to things is a different story. Those tegus look fairly healthy from the posted pic to me. I mean, I haven't been there in YEARS so I couldn't say myself what the present condition of the place or animals is for that matter but the one shot looks alright.

I STILL don't have a $1000 for a big, pissy, ranched white lizard especially when it may or may not be a gene that would pass on to babies. I'd say he'd do good to get $600 for her tops...unless someone has more money than sense. If there had been more closely documented breeding and another produced like it to elude to the genetics, it would be different.

grapesofwrath

5 Year Member
Maybe it's not the greatest picture. In fact, it's not. That is also on Timo.... If he wants top dollar for an animal that supposedly a local guy is already offering the $1000 (yeah, right!) then he should try and accommodate a potential buyer. He is just too damn sloppy, that is a terrible pic, and therefore the animal doesn't look anywhere as nice as the original pic, IF it's the same animal at all.... And really, that price with a regen tail as well?? He lost his mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029