1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought I Would Check In

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Guman, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Guman

Guman Active Member

It has been a few months since our Rags had a prolaps that ended him up in several days of ICU. Thought I would share some update pictures. He is doing much better on whole prey! He still has an odd gate and kinda elbow crawls. I do not know if the wrist fractures are still healing or if he will never walk normal. He is way more active when he is out now!

Attached Files:

2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

He looks good. Good skin tone, clear-eyed, and well-fed, not fat. Seems very well on his way.

Any thoughts from vet about wrists?
  3. Guman

Guman Active Member

The vet was the one to point out that his gate may never be same. He wants to do another xray within the year or 6 minths Since tegus heal so slow he said 6 months was the earliest we would see changes on xray. At first I was eger to do one at 6 now I am thinking the year mark is good. I has not been long since he started to pick his whole body off the ground :(
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Doesn't hurt to wait, especially if changes you see, like raised belly, are positive.