• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Thor's Arrival

Nytes_Haven

I finally got my AA Tegu this morning at 11:30am. Its been a few years in the making, but I finally have my 1st Vanyard Tegu. We named him Thor, not sure male or female, but we can adjust the name down the road.Thor's Arrival

Johnnydr

Thanks for the vid. My AA should be arriving tomorrow, so I got to live vicariously through this video today.....can't wait to open my own box! Is heb staying that docile as he adjusts?

John

Nytes_Haven

Thanks Everyone...Thor likes his new digs, he's a little jittery but I gather that's to be expected. I do not have his forever home built just yet, so I am using a 30 gal breeder for right now (my bf just had major surgery so cage building is at a halt for now). I am letting him settle in as I know he needs to get adjusted. He does seem a wee bit jumpy and skittish, running & hiding underneath one of the two hides when anyone walks in the room. But I did catch a sneak peak of him basking, so thats a good sign, lol....Anyway will keep everyone posted on his developments......Thor's Temporary Enclosure

spark678

goodluck with him seems like a happy tegu! if you don't mind me asking what were your shipping temps for today? I can't wait to get mine just waiting for cooler weather

Steven.

^ SAME HERE!!!!... I hate Fl wheather...lol... I've been waiting almost 3 weeks now for my extreme baby..sigh.. How many weeks is he/she if you dont mind me asking?.... Awesome name by the way..

Nytes_Haven

Well seems Thor is playing hide and seek, he is in his hide when I leave for work in the morning, but then is out and about basking during the day (when) I am away, lol. And of course when I get home he's back in his hide.....Hopefully Thor and I can meet/greet again soon, lol...

kellen.watkins

He might be that way for a while, my hybrid eli was that way for a couple weeks, and then I could walk into the room but if I got close to the cage he would bail into his hide, and after a month now I can get right up to his cage, but if I open his lid to his cage he bails lol so hopefully in another week or two I can my hands in the cage, kinda sucks he's growing so fast and I can't handle him :-( it will all pan out, keep us updated on him :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu