• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This Year.

juggernaut

What have you done with your reptiles this year or what would you like to do. Have you goten the reptile you want? Have you breed this year? Tell me what you have done.
Iv done alot I guess you could say. Iv got my red tail boa that I have been in love with sense Iv got her. My female red tegu(Lucy) has got her self a new setup and loves it. I want to get another reptile just don't know what to get.
So what have you done this year?

G

Quite a lot have happened for me this year... Mainly because I am rebuilding a home, an everyday (well, rebuilding everything) after losing everything we owned in a terrible situation with a dangerous home (long story) and a stupid landlord...

Due to the tragic situation I had to sell quite a lot of my reptiles. I dragged the landlords sorry B*@Ã?â??Ã?£!! on national TV in January/February, which had the effect I needed and their lawyer called to meet and agree on a settlement...

Ever since I have slowly started to rebuild not only our life but also my collection of beautiful reptiles and some other animals as well.

In the year of 2010:
- I got my first spiders (Avicularia versicolor) and later I had to buy the beginner spider as well, so I also bought 0.1 Grammastola rosea. This is huge for me since my bf had actually forbidden any spiders. Hehe.

- I also got my snails. I have just always loved those slimy thingies. I have two Achatina achatina and 6 Achatina fulica... Hoping that they will produce great food for some of my other reptiles as a positive side effect ;)

- I got my first teju, Tupinambis refescens. I have wanted one for a couple of years, so WOW! This is just my favorite reptile ;)

- I was the first in Denmark to ever hatch Acanthosaura armata. Unfortunately all hatchlings died before they were one month old (probably due to stress hormones transferred to the eggs from the mom since she's a wc-animal and was pregnant when I bought her)
Words canÃ?¢ââ??‰â??¢t describe how it feels incubating eggs for more than seven months and then experience them all dieÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦ My most sad and my worst reptile experience ever! :(

I have another 2.6 A. armata coming my way in August/September. Hopefully this means that I'll have more luck breeding this wonderful lizard in the future.
This also means that I am letting go of my Acanthosaura capra Ã?¢ââ??‰â?¬Å? I am giving them to a good friend of mine. I know she will take good care of my girls. I think it is best to focus on one kind of Acanthosaura.

- I got to get some of the lizards I lost due to the house situation. E.g. Iguana rhinolopha, Laudakia ssp., more Uromastyx etc. and I have a Caiman lizard and an Eastern Waterdragon (Intellagama lesuerrii Ã?¢ââ??‰â?¬Å? formerly known as Psysignathus) coming my way, too. Bought some more snakes, too. Got my first Corallus hortulanus and my bf bought another threeÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

- This year I am trying to breed my first snakes ever. We put my brown African housesnakes together a couple of weeks ago and they mated so now we are waiting to see if we have any luck. (My other colors are not ready for breeding, yet)

- Well, I have bred Bearded Dragons (Pogona vitticeps) for a while, but is slowly going in other directions. This year I have only incubated one clutch (gave the rest of the eggs to a friend), but still, it means that I have bred aprox. 200 Beardies now and I guess it has to be enough for this small country.

I will probably never be able to put Beardies behind me since people are always referring to me when it comes to these, which means I spend a lot of time helping others with their dragons. Atm I am finishing a very detailed article (meant as a care sheet, too) and I hope to get it published at some point since it is greatly needed her in DK. I do not consider myself an expert just to get that straight! :p

Guess this kinda describe what I have and will spend this year doing when it comes to reptiles and other animalsÃ?¢ââ??¬Ã?¦

isdrake

5 Year Member
So far in the year of 2010:

-Built a huge enclosure for our Tegu and a smaller one for our bearded dragon.

-Got 1.0 Anole, Anolis roquet caracoli.

What I want do the rest of the year:

-Get 0.2 Anolis roquet caracoli but these guys are really rare. =(

-Make a nice fake rockbackground for our Anole enclosure.

I have been thinking about getting another dragon and start breeding this year. I have also been thinking of getting two pygme monitors. We can probably make room for one of them. But sadly I have to move away from my b/f and all the animals for at least 8 months. I can't keep pets where I will be living and I don't want to put more work on my b/f. But hey maybe next year?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well i the beinning of 2010 was very exciting for me, i got a few reptiles that i had realy wanted for a while including my 1.0 rhino iguana,1.0 red tegu,0.0.1 tremper albino leopard gecko, 1.0 crested gecko, 1.1 collard lizards and 1.0 b/w tegu plus a few others. i had gotten new enclosures for most of them, was able to fix my reptile room up nicely. i will wait until 2011 before i start collecting more reptiles besides the 2 tegus im getting from bobby.

juggernaut

Iv always wanted an extreme giant. I just can't pick over an extreme or a blue tegu. One of these years im going to get both:). Well good luck with your upcoming tegus. I wish you luck and hope there healthy for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029