• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The "other" season has begun....

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Every spring the reptile rescue gets hammered with surrender requests. I don't know why spring is so bad...maybe people thinking about vacations, or college kids are getting out of school and going home for the summer. This year seems especially bad and I'm wondering if the poor economy has something to do with it. This is a list of surrender requests that we've received just in the last 72 hours.

3 different iguanas
2 sulcata tortoises
1 7 ft boa
1 11 foot boa
2 turtles, unknown species
1 8 foot normal burmese python
1 7 foot albino burmese python
1 veiled chameleon
2 African sideneck turtles
1 mud turtle
2 ball pythons
1 14 foot reticulated python
1 1.5 year old Nile monitor
1 2.5 foot Caiman

We've already done intake on 2 male iguanas, a boa, and a gopher snake in the last 10 days.

I've got a ton of work to do in the next two days to make room and prepare enclosures for all of the new animals. I hope the next couple of weeks are quiet. Our resources are going to be stretched pretty thin for a while.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
We rehab any that need it, and then offer them for adoption if we feel they are adoptable. Others stay here a long time before they are ever placed. I have iguanas that have been here 11 years.

lizardboy101

5 Year Member
i think it's great what you do for all these animals. props definatley go to you for taking in everything everyone doesnt want. hope i can do something like this, but at the moment and age of 16...theres no way. lol. good luck to you and the rescues

HazyRep

5 Year Member
Man...That's so horrible. :/
It happens when people under estimate the sizes that some of these reptiles can get. Doesn't help that dorms don't allow reptiles either (even though they are practically like a fish in that they don't cause messes.

It's so good to hear there is somebody out there helping out these unfortunant reptiles. I hope some day I'll have the resources to help out too with rescue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T.C.