• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

The importance of UVA

snakehandler

5 Year Member
Not only does UVA create vit.d in a living being, also for reptiles it is essential to see colours. Without it reptiles are practically colourblind.
It also stimulates the hypothalamus, a gland which produces hormones needed for reproduction. So for their general wellbeing as well as to find a mate uva is essential.
Humans as well as other animals tend to mate/fall in love in spring as well.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've notice you talking about UVA in alot of your post. I agree it is very important, but are you maybe thinking of UVB????

snakehandler

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
I've notice you talking about UVA in alot of your post. I agree it is very important, but are you maybe thinking of UVB????

yeah well uva and uvb are both important as reptiles can see uv light.

snakehandler

5 Year Member
AB^ said:
UVB- Physical
UVA-Pyschological

according to everything I have read

maybe yeah, reptiles see different colours so when to us something is blue reptiles see it pink. So when you deprive them of uv light they get confused and maybe stressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980